House fire in Biddulph started by faulty television plug

  Posted: 24.06.21 at 16:12 by Jack Lenton

us on Facebook



Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service is reminding people not to leave electrical appliances switched on when they leave their homes after extinguishing a house fire in Knypersley yesterday (Wednesday 23 June).

Fire crews were informed at about 11.25pm of a fire off Tunstall Road.

Crews from Sandyford, Biddulph and Hanley attended and found a fire had taken hold in a house. Two hose reel jets were deployed to combat the blaze and the occupier had safely got out of the property.

The fire was extinguished by 11.50pm and Western Power were requested to attend to isolate the electricity. The blazed was deemed to be accidentally and is believed to have been started by a faulty television plug.

The television had been left on by the occupier while they had gone out.

Station Manager Roy Daniels said: “We urge all residents to ensure their electrical appliances are kept up-to-date and maintained well to reduce the likelihood of fires breaking out and keeping themselves, their families and properties safe.

“It is also vitally important that people switch off their electrical appliances when they are not in their properties to reduce the likelihood of these incidents happening again in the future."


Don’t forget to sign up to our newsletter below!

And if you care about Biddulph and want to make your voice heard, please sign up to Nub Voice by clicking here!

Like this article? Sign up to our weekly newsletter...
Karen Bradley: In this week's column on Nub News, the Moorlands MP has discussed her decision to vote against extending Coronavirus restriction...
Read more...

Upcoming Biddulph Event...

The Youth Club is Back!

**Youth Club** Friday Night ** £1 Limited Places, 2 sessions, Booking essential! ⏰ 6:30pm until 7:30pm - 12 Spaces - Interactive Escape Room and...



Event

Share: